Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, Canada!

Hello everyone!

2011 is upon us, and that means that I am just 23 days away from my first grand adventure!

For those who may not know, I will be heading to New Zealand for one month starting in a little over three weeks.

My focus the past few days has been on getting my itinerary in order, and I felt I would share a bit of that with my readers:

January 22nd I ferry over to Van for a stay with Chris and April.

January 23rd it's off to Auckland! Featuring a layover in scenic LAX.

Due to time shifts and the length of the journey, January 24th has been cancelled this year. (I leave the afternoon of the 23rd and arrive the early morning of the 25th, by the time midnight hits, it will be the 25th).

Arriving in the early morning on the 25th, I have a few hours to stumble around Auckland and gather supplies before I can check in to my hostel to sleep off the jet lag.

Another full day in Auckland to visit the volcanic island or maybe just take it easy before I hit the road.

Early in the a.m. on the 27th, I hop on the bus for my Stray tour!

After that it's 25 days on the Bus, stopping and starting, seeing all three islands, spending a night on Stewart Island, hopping off the bus for a sojourn to the penguin colonies in Oamaru (!) and zorbing down the hill in Rotorua.

After the official tour ends, I will tack on a trip to Napier to see the Art Deco architecture, followed by a stop back in Rotorua for a rafting trip, and then back to Auckland the day before I fly back to Canada!

Hopefully I can find some time to meet up with M and J in Auckland towards the end.
I will be taking pictures (still and moving) galore, and will hopefully have the opportunity to update regularly.

Until next time, I'll be relaxing in Cowtown, making further preparations, and reminding myself every 5 minutes that I'm actually going!

23 days and counting.
Wish me luck!

Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment